More than just a camp...

Pages

Friday, October 1, 2010

College Football Picks

Let's talk NCAA for a second.  Big games with big implications this weekend.  Here are my favorites.
  • #1 Alabama over #7 Florida - They looked strong last week, but this Florida team is far from the dominant force they've been the last 4 years.  I expect a good first half, but Alabama will pull away late in the third. 31-17 Tide.
  • #4 Oregon over #9 Stanford - I'm torn on this one.  The only team who tackled as poorly as Oregon last weekend was the Patriots.  I don't expect that in a game of this magnitude though.  This one comes down to the wire, with Oregon winning solely based on the fact that they have more horses.  45-42 Ducks.
  • #23 NC State over Virginia Tech - Russel Martin is quietly putting together a Heisman-hype worthy year, and despite not having as much overall talent as the Hokies, I think NC State continues it's surprising run.  34-28 Wolfpack.
  • #22 Penn State over #17 Iowa - I think Iowa starts reeling after it's tough loss to Arizona.  Penn State in some ways is one of the weaker ranked teams, but I like them this week.  17-13 Nittany Lions.
  • #21 Texas over #8 Oklahoma - UCLA whooped the Longhorns last weekend in large part because of their effective running game.  The bigger factor? Complacency.  This Texas team is good.  Real good.  They'll prove it this weekend against an Oklahoma team that has way more questions than answers.  38-34 Longhorns.
  • *UPSET PICK* Clemson over Miami - I like Miami a lot, but something about this Clemson team intrigues me.  They came up short against Auburn, but I think they handle the Canes in this one.  38-31 Tigers.
.

No comments:

Post a Comment